You can make a difference
With your support, we will help animals in need and educate the public about the captive wildlife trade happening in our state, our country, and all over the world.
You can be an integral part of helping to spread our message of sustainability and coexistence with nature.
Who Can Volunteer?
Everyone is welcome to apply. We are looking for people with interests and abilities in green energy, public relations, or fundraising, to name a few, or who simply have a passion for animals and the environment to help us make Wild Paws Midwest Animal Sanctuary a reality. Volunteering with us means you will collaborate with a team of animal lovers with the same goal, providing a safe habitat for displaced wildlife in need.
Wild Paws offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities ranging from public outreach to onsite construction, allowing you to find something that fits your skill set and experience level.
Volunteers under 18 years of age must have written consent of a parent or guardian before volunteering.
Planning & Outreach - Current Need
Join one of our committees and collaborate to build Wild Paws into an innovative organization.
- Outreach & Engagement – Spread our message at various community engagement event.
- Fundraising – Assist with grant and sponsorship research, and in-kind solicitation.
- Marketing & Design – Collaborate to develop content for marketing purposes.
- Events – Help organize events and increase our fundraising efforts.
- Public Relations – Research and cultivate ways to promote our organization through news media outlets.
- Sustainability & Green Energy – Research and design the sustainability plan for our future facility.
- Education – Help develop our educational curriculum.
Volunteer Opportunities - Future Need
Building our Education Center & Wildlife Sanctuary
After securing the right piece of land for our facility, our next priority will be to build our education center and animal habitats. We want our animal facilities and habitats prepared in advance for the animals that we will rescue, so they are welcomed to their forever home into spaces large enough to accommodate and care for them appropriately.
We will need help with building our state-of-art wildlife sanctuary and educational facility in the following ways:
- Conceptual Site Planning – Help determine how the land will be used to optimize our access to natural resources and create an enriching environment for animals
- Habitat Construction – Create permanent homes for the animals we will rescue.
- Garden and Landscape – Create beautiful habitats for butterflies and bees while growing enrichment for the animals in our care.
- On-Site Education – Educate others about wildlife and environmental sustainability.
After receipt of your application, our volunteer team lead will contact you to schedule your Wild Paws Volunteer Orientation. It is designed to provide you with a framework for volunteering with us and will introduce you to team leads and other volunteers.