You can make a difference
With your support, we will help animals in need and educate the public about the captive wildlife trade happening in our state, our country, and all over the world.
You can be an integral part of helping to spread our message of sustainability and coexistence with nature.
Who Can Volunteer?
Everyone is welcome to apply. We are looking for people with interests and abilities in green energy, public outreach and relations, or fundraising, to name a few, or who simply have a passion for animals and the environment to help us make Wild Paws Midwest Animal Sanctuary a reality.
Volunteering with us means you will collaborate with a team of animal lovers with the same goal, providing a safe habitat for displaced wildlife in need. We work individually with volunteers to find something that fits your skill set and experience level.
Volunteers under 18 years of age must have written consent of a parent or guardian before volunteering.
Planning & Outreach
Join one of our committees and collaborate to build Wild Paws into an innovative organization.
- Outreach & Engagement – Spread our message at various community engagement event.
- Fundraising – Assist with grant and sponsorship research, and in-kind solicitation.
- Marketing & Design – Collaborate to develop content for marketing purposes.
- Events – Help organize events and increase our fundraising efforts.
- Public Relations – Research and cultivate ways to promote our organization through news media outlets.
- Sustainability & Green Energy – Research and design the sustainability plan for our facility.
- Education – Help develop our educational curriculum.
Building our Education Center & Wildlife Sanctuary
Our first phase of construction includes building an education center and animal habitats. We want our animal facilities and habitats prepared in advance for the animals that we will rescue, so they are welcomed to their forever home into spaces large enough to accommodate and care for them appropriately.
We need help with building our state-of-art wildlife sanctuary and educational facility in the following ways:
- Conceptual Site Planning – Help determine how the land will be used to optimize our access to natural resources and create an enriching environment for animals.
- Habitat Construction – Create permanent homes for the animals we will rescue.
- Garden and Landscape – Create beautiful habitats for butterflies and bees while growing enrichment for the animals in our care.
- On-Site Education – Educate others about wildlife and environmental sustainability.
After receipt of your application, our volunteer team lead will contact you to schedule your Wild Paws Volunteer Orientation. It is designed to provide you with a framework for volunteering with us and will introduce you to team leads and other volunteers.